So, I ate some chocolate

We had just wrapped up an EME5601 group project after a 3.5 hour long collaborative meeting. Awesome group to work with (don't know how all of you do this with families AND jobs, etc.) and we posted the assignment early (early for me is before 11:59 pm). My final task was to submit the Zoom video on the discussion board.

After doing a load of laundry, clean sheets on the bed, folding towels, hanging up clothes, making a VERY yummy dinner of roasted butternut
squash and brussels sprouts, and grilled pork chops (my meat meal of the week), and cleaning up the kitchen, the video was ready. There was a small glass of wine in there somewhere . . . 

I posted the video and a Slack kudo for my group mates, looked at the radar screen, and had to make a decision.

Do I have another glass of wine, maybe larger, and blow off blogging, the discussion board, and participation log? It was so tempting to sneak off to my screened-in porch, surrounded by blooming orchids, a chilled glass of Rose in hand, to experience the red blobs invading my neighborhood while I cuddle my trembling dog (also needed to determine if the yard guy cleaned out the gutters as requested).

So, I ate some chocolate. This isn't just regular chocolate, it is 72% cocoa (a bonified antioxidant supplement), with crystalized ginger nibs in it (for my digestion), complete with all the labels of “Endangered Species," "Save our Environment," and "Fair Trade." I also brewed myself some Turmeric Bliss tea.

I didn’t question why I decided to dive into the blog, or review my notes from ALL THE READING. I charged up (with chocolate) and dove in. I’m sure a lot of you are doing the same (add children, moving, etc. in here). We are in the last 2 weeks of summer session, most of us are mentally exhausted , but most of us espouse to making the world a better place through learning and will 

Image from The College Life,
https://personalprogressquest.wordpress.com/2012/10/19/just-relax/ 


Comments

  1. I love your attitude and am grateful for your empathy! I am currently having a nice glass of wine and diving into all of the blogging and participating as well this evening. It has been quite the week, as you know! Luckily the hardest part of our move is over now and being at my parents house for this weekend has been extremely helpful to be able to share the load of the kids with them. The next two weeks should be a bit more relaxed on the life side of things so I'm hopeful to be able to finish the semester strong! Now I just wish I had some of that ginger dark chocolate to enjoy as well ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How this class has already changed my world.

Great start, bump in the road, boulder in the road, pebble in the rearview mirror

Yes, Multitasking is Changing Our Brains