Should we have a party on Roblox?

This game became hugely popular during the pandemic as it’s an online space where you can just hang out with your friends and play games. I like that it’s not based on blowing things up or killing people. My grandson, almost 11, plays Fortnite with his friends A LOT, and apparently 50% of the people playing this game are under 12. Although the article says that it is growing in popularity with 17–24-year-olds. I watched the the Lil Nas X concert that was in the app and it reminded me of all the teenyboppers at the Beatles concerts. I tried imaging being there with my teenage friends and I would be right up front as well hopping up and down. All the little avatars were so different, one came as a box of fries, and they all looked like they were having a blast. Not only do you have a plethora of games to choose from, but you can also develop games and play them with your friends or sell them to Roblox.

I grew up with sports, and board and card games. Heck, we didn’t have a television until I was 16, and at that age boys where so much more important than TV. But this game looks fascinating and I’m going to keep it on my radar screen. Just downloaded it on my Mac. It took me forever to think of a user name.

What games do you like to play?

Should we have a party on Roblox?

Comments

  1. Asked my kid. She said "it's for little kids" -- and she's 12. But I'm game to try it (pun intended) if we want to get a group together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How this class has already changed my world.

Great start, bump in the road, boulder in the road, pebble in the rearview mirror

Yes, Multitasking is Changing Our Brains