Advice I needed to receive today . . .

No One Starts Out Awesome: Advice for New Teachers

Just before going to bed last night, after tackling schoolwork all day, I glanced at my phone and found this. How will I ever get 15 tasks completed before the end of the week? Already questioning if my produsage project actually is a produsage project. Questioning what I am posting on my newly created Twitter and Instagram spaces and my already established "trainer" Facebook account. Filled with doubt. Were they authentic, interactive, or static? Could they support a Web 2.0 community? Quickly reviewing my concept paper + execution + example + critical reflections, did I explain the components thoroughly, was I creative, original, and innovative? So much doubt. Wanted this project to be awesome or at least as awesome as the projects my classmates are going to publish!

After taking an early morning, moon-lit walk (3 full moons this month), coffee in one hand, and Sophia’s leash in the other, I opened Gmail and found this in my Finder feed. The headline spoke to me. Although working in the ID field for years now, the piece that has always eluded me was using technology to create interactive micro-lessons that adult learners will engage with because they are short on time and out of school but need a training “lift.” In the right place, surrounded by a supportive learning community at FSU, I plan to learn Storyline (new to FSU toolbox) over the break to hone my skills, and I need to remind myself that if I am comfortable doing something challenging, it is not a challenge. Noone starts out or makes changes and is awesome from the beginning.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How this class has already changed my world.

Great start, bump in the road, boulder in the road, pebble in the rearview mirror

Yes, Multitasking is Changing Our Brains