Is anyone else feeling like they have been thrown in the deep-end of the pool with no floaties and they can't swim?


Cultural Cartography

I'm a huge TED fan and while searching for videos about diversity, equity, and inclusion in social media (as my first blog is a lazy blog), I found a lot of long videos. Not a fan of long videos. But I did find this video on Cultural Cartography! It speaks to our human desire to participate, find something helpful, laugh, identify, connect, learn, and feel. As I embark on a semester of blogging, I strive to hit as many of these qualities as possible in every blog.

PS: This past Thursday and Friday was spent in Montgomery, AL. I had to get my first post vaccine trip in before the semester took over my life. I've been wanting to go there for a long time to visit the Legacy Museum and the National Memorial for Peace and Justice. My experience included most of these qualities - but I did not laugh. Instead, I gained about 100 lbs of emotional weight that fortified my determination to do my best to create training programs that consider DEI. Also ate at a yummy restaurant.


Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing the video and the restaurant! I have only eaten at one other exclusively vegan restaurant and always find myself feeling impressed by the talent that comes with cooking in general, but especially vegan. (I am a terrible cook. I can bake all day long but the moment I need to cook a meal... game over.)
    I'd also like to respond to the title of this post... yes! I absolutely feel that way. To be honest, I have felt that way about the program as a whole. However, time has proven friendly in my quest to become an instructional designer and every day I feel more motivated to keep going. I am sure we will learn lots together this semester. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How this class has already changed my world.

Great start, bump in the road, boulder in the road, pebble in the rearview mirror

Yes, Multitasking is Changing Our Brains